The website for Witnesham Primary can be found here.
In March 2013 the Government announced that all Primary Schools would be receiving a Sport Premium allocation for 2013 to 2016. This was then extended until 2017. In autumn 2017, the government announced that schools with 17 or more pupils will receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
As a school, we must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport which we offer. We can use the premium to:
• develop or add to the PE and sport activities that we already offer
• build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
• the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
• the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
• increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
• broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
•increased participation in competitive sport
At Otley Primary School we aim have a positive attitude towards a healthy, active lifestyle. Further information on how we have spent the premium in the past and how we intend to use this premium this year is shown in the documents below.
Sport and PE
Please click on the links below to see what the children have been up to in their PE lessons.